Tuesday, December 25, 2007

This Christmas...

Well, Merry ChristmaskwanzaIdehannukahsolstice. 'Tis the Season to enjoy it, no matter what your non-denomination. I was going to finish re-writting "It's beginning to look alot like christmas", to sound alot like "I'm beginning to win the war on christmas", but I won't, I don't need Bill O'Really sending the Fox News police after me. The absurdity of a war on christmas. The following clip, Sam Seder nails it. You need only watch the first two minutes, or if you have too much time on your hands, watch the whole thing.



This time of the year is special, no matter how you celebrate it. I have barely celebrated it since being single. But it doesn't matter. If shopping your ass off in the hustling malls is your thing, so be it. If saying "aaaahhhhh, look at the pretty lights", a holiday cheer,or whatever. I joked with co-workers, and friends about the "war on x-mas", but I have poor intel, and I am not prepared to wage a pre-emptive war. It's a time to let your spirit feel good, no matter how you achieve that is up to you. The way things are with credit card companies, your spirit gets broke around the first week of January. It's a time where you can do nothing, and see no one, or you can see friends and familiy, and hope there is no bickering. How about just reflect on the year, prepare for the forthcoming one, and be genuine to everybody. Get it? If you are having trouble remembering, maybe the following video will jog your memory a bit. So, on that note Happy Holidays! (there I Said it!)


3 comments:

  1. Hey there!! Just what I needed to end a very strange yet in the end enjoyable christmas day. I know we have been celebrating this so called war on christmas, but I agree with you, we all just need to find our own reason for the season and find what brings us our personal joys. Mine was finally standing up, I stood up for myself for the first time in my life and it felt great. In the end, I ate dinner with my family, opened gifts and went to see a horrible movie. So with that said, Merry Christmas to all and to all a great new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, ENOUGH! I know only you will understand. But it gave me the courage to finally actually say iit out loud to the people who needed to hear it most from me!! Thanks for your friendship!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger