Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Republican Mental Illness

It is often in todays political climate to come across a Republican, who's unwavering support for the likes of Bush, Cheney, McCain or even Fox News surprises you. I often will find myself scratching my head when I hear some of these talking points. There exceptions within the party itself, and it's faithful base. The likes of Senator Chuck Hagel, Ron Paul, and even my Mother have seen what blundering idiots the GOP allowed itself to turn into. Don't get me wrong, the Democratic Party has it's woes too. The mental illness here is not being a Party member, the illness is the cult-like behavior that the Rush Limbaughs and Sean Hannitys have instilled in the minds of low hanging fruit.

Allow me to clarify. As an electorate, we all understand there are weak minded voters, and high-minded voters. Most people do not have the patience or time to be political junkies, or simply feel so disenfranchised by the American Government they don't care. As, I mentioned, "cult-like" behavior , this is where the problem lies. When President Clinton lied under oath about "sexual relations" with Monica Lewinsky, I shook my head in disgust, and said "this a personnel issue, and you got caught Bill". Now take that and compare it to President Bush. He lied to the American people about Iraq's involvement with Al Qaeda, and WMDS. Say that to a hardcore Republican. Try it. The response you get in general is "He didn't lie, it was the bad intelligence, and Saddam was training terrorists". We know now from factual documents from Downing Street to Main Street in America that CIA reports show all of this to be untrue. This is an illness that the FDA needs to approve a drug for, there is one for everything else. Mike Papantonio has more on this, defend it if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger