Friday, June 22, 2007

Re-introducing the voice of reason

Obviously you can see I hold late Senator Paul Wellstone deep within my progressive views. The youtube video of Paul Iraq speech on the Senate floor explains one of his many courageous moments. My friend who has been serving our Army in Iraq for nearly the last year questioned me on many things prior to his departure. He profoundly supported the Bush Crime Family in 2004 when he and I became friends, but as his deployment neared he questioned things. It could of been out of fear, or curiosity, but by his tone I sensed a disbelief in this White House's action in sending him and his buddies there. He asked me what I knew of Iraq's involvement on 9/11, I told him nothing. He asked me what I knew of the politicians who opposed the War in Iraq...I spoke of an unknown State Congressman named Barack Obama, who we know later went on to become a Senator, and maybe our President. I mostly spoke of Paul Wellstone's speech on the floor, where Paul certainly asked questions that many of us had. It goes without saying that Paul's message and folks like myself were ignored. I speak with my buddy's Mother, I suggest jokingly that he is in one war, and by no means with disrespect, the anti-war movement is in one too. Our troops fight to do the job they are told to do, the anti-war movement does fights to get them home alive,in one piece, and sane...however you define sanity. Based on the recent revelations on VA hospitals, our goverment does define sanity the way most of us do. We all support our troops, we debate on how and why, but the idea that Liberals don't, and conservatives don't is nothing but a perverse politcal stunt. Bring them home now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger