Sunday, October 19, 2008

Obama supporter attacked in Wisconsin


Saturday, a supporter of Barack Obama was attacked by a homeowner while canvassing for the candidate. Nancy Takehara, 58, was spending the day going door to door when she approached, what she called a "disgruntled homeowner"
“The next thing I know he’s telling us we’re not his people, we’re probably with ACORN, and he started screaming and raving,” Takehara said. “He grabbed me by the back of the neck. I thought he was going to rip my hair out of my head. He was pounding on my head and screaming. The man terrified me.”
While the report of the matter is being investigated by police, the implications of the incident paint an ugly picture of how divided we are. Here's a thought for the homeowner, ask the person to leave your porch. I am reminded when I hear/read stories like these of Michael Moore's book " Dude, Wheres my Country", or the David Bowie/Pat Metheny song "This is Not America".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger