Saturday, February 23, 2008

"What?! I was taken out of context"

My last post was regarding my friends at www.itsfirstfriday.com 's defense of Bill O'Reilly's "lynching comment regarding Michelle Obama. I would like to reflect a little more it. First, with the dismissal over Don Imus' "nappy headed ho's" comment, and more recently, David Schuster's suspension over his "Pimped out" referral about Chelsea Clinton, it is realistic that Billo should suffer some repurcussions. Isn't it time Fox Noise provides some decency in their "Fair and Balanced" fairytale? To paraphrase Mike Malloy a bit here, O'Really's comments and First Friday's defense of him really piss me off, and if I were black I would be twice as pissed. That FF even touched on this sensitive issue, and spoke in defense of O'Reilly makes me ashamed to be a white man. Will Fox news listen to the outrage that Americans who hold equality close to their hearts are screaming? Will First Friday retract their post? I urge anyone who is ok with the "lynch" word to do some history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger