Friday, February 8, 2008

In this 2008 Primary season, hope and change have been two primary themes from both Democrats and Republicans. For good reason both party's hopefuls has tried to deliver a message that would resonate them both. As a Progressive Democrat, like many others have the foresight to see through much of it. That being said, I will admit in finding Dennis Kucinich and Barack Obama pretty honest brokers of hope. My endless hours of research on late Senator Paul Wellstone provided a world of hope for the America I "hope" for. Rep. Kucinich and Senator Obama reached that goal of being a Wellstone Democrat. The aforementioned individuals all have pursued the great cause for healthcare for all Americans. I approved Dennis Kucinich's for obvious reasons, Senator Obama's plan offers an effort that could get complex given his diplomatic tendancies. Paul Wellstone worked strenously with his compassion to assist those with substance abuse issues, as well as mental health issues . I urge you to read the speech text in the above links. These are issues of hope. Yes, the majority of the country is worried about the economy, and the war...but, I have have only said it 10 million times, follow the money. All of these issues are tied together! Most of all, I want to stress, the hope and change we strive for is us. We just hope we can get that national voice that speaks for us, for me it is mixture of middle american drawl in the form of that Minnesotan who we sure could use now, the guy from Chicago with the odd name, and the short guy from Cleveland. When I speak with the very genuine folks at Democracy Interactive, I am always assured I am not alone in my "hope". Some of us new to the woes of the "real world", some are music industry refugees trying to figure out what happened to our country, some are uninsured and poor, some are unemployed, but the genuine thing we all share is hope, and the will to fight for it. That is something I am sure Senator Wellstone would be proud of, Barack Obama recognizes, and Dennis Kucinich has known all along, now we just need to energize the rest of the country. On that note, I thank Darryl and Karen for helping me finish this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger