Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bitterness

I wrote Mike Malloy a letter regarding the stupidity of Republicans and Clintons twist of Barack Obama's use of the word "bitter". Senator Obama was spot on in the use of the word, however he would of served himself better to leave religion and guns out of it. I would like to expand my thoughts on the letter Mike read last night. The use of the word "bitter" describes where alot of American people are nowadays. For myself, I am bitter when I walk through my neighborhood, and count 17 foreclosed/for sale homes. I am bitter when I read reports of 80,000 Americans lost their jobs in the month of March, knowing that I could be in the next 80,000 for the month of April, as my company just filed bankruptcy 2 weeks ago. I am bitter when I see my January 15th vote not counted because my Democratic Party lined up some piss ant rules that left Michigan and Florida voters behind. I am actually pissed about the aforementioned, and even more outraged that Hillary Clinton has tarnished my fond memories of her and her husband because now she wants to change the rules. I am bitter that my oldest friend, a Republican hack who is being a sucessful GOP'r in D.C., but at what cost? I am bitter that we are at war that is costing American citizens now, and their unborn grandchildren billions. I am bitter that the American voters allowed this crap to go on? I am bitter that the media was bought and paid for, and my first candidate, Dennis Kucinich, never had a chance. I am bitter that racism is still an issue we need to discuss, we are American! I thought we were better than that. I am bitter that millions of American go ill because they cannot get insurance. I am bitter that my mother has been robbed blind by a divorce attorney, a divorce she did not seek, yet pays out on a daily basis. You get the picture. These are dire times for many Americans, and we see a little light sometimes. I hope the public does not buy the crap that Hillary Clinton and John McCain of Senator Obama is a "liberal elitist". I believe politicians like Dennis Kucinich, Russ Feingold, Sherrod Brown, and Barack Obama when they recognize what ails us, Paul Wellstone recognized it. So, you ask "bitter"? Son of bitch! You bet I am. A couple quotes come to mind right now...."What would Wellstone Do?" and "Yes We Can" Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger