Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Caught in a Webb

My thoughts on Barack Obama's Vice Presidential candidate. Anyone that is the tinyist bit familiar me can understand a few obvious things, I am Liberal, I am very supportive of veterans benefits and care, I am vehemently against this war in Iraq, I am a patriotic populist, and I am against any Republican occupying the White House forever. That said, it is down to the general election for all extensive purposes, unless the Clinton's pull off some crap with the Michigan and Florida delegates. We are all beginning to think about Obama's running mate, not who we think would agree with him all of the time, or the toughest anti-war candidate, it's about the ticket that can beat John McCain and the Republican smear and fear machine. I believe the two men to accomplish that is Barack Obama and Senator Jim Webb. There are those that worry about his seat in the Senate, there are those that worry that he is a former Republican, there are those that think because he worked under Ronald Reagan is a major flaw. Well, yes, those are legitamate concerens, but weak. Jim Webb, former Secretary of the Navy under President Reagan, Vietnam Vet, a recepient of two Purple Hearts, two Bronze Stars, and a Silver Star and the Navy Cross while serving in Vietnam. He fought in a war, and would be impossible to Swift Boat like John Kerry was. In addition, Jim Webb will take on the Republicans head on, a bit different than Obama's "high-road". As far as his seat in the Senate, remeber the Governor of Va. will appoint someone to his seat if they succeed, and if we don't like it, then we can hope Mark Warner wins his run for Senate. I suggest everyone visit www.jameswebb.com , read throught the speeches, and writings. At that point make a deciscion on whether he is too "conservative" as a caller to Jeff Farias claimed. Below is my call to Jeff on this subjct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger