Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where's the conviction? My take on voting, and Michigan

Campaigning in Mi. on the 15th of January? Well, it's been cold and wet. The same could be said of the Democratic and Republican parties. Spending 5 hours in the 11th Dis. hoping to send the Democratic party a message about how pissed true progressives are, and promoting a vote for Dennis Kucinich. It is hurtful to see all the votes for "Hill-arious" or "un-committed". Where is the conviction? Where is the "I have your back brothers and sisters?". All of us, no matter how partisan we can be, have a goal, a better America. How we get there is what differs. What troubles me is the dictatorship of the "liberal media".
Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich offer both partisan voters hope, yet are shut out. This in America? Is this where the "free market" has taken us? Networks get to decide who gets to be viable? What about a process of progress? I stand by my thought that the herd was thinned on the Democratic side by the Clintons' and Edwards' campaigns. When I stood in the cold, the people out there with me were "with me for Dennis" or Ron Paul supporters, who really cares? It's heartbreaking to see the ignorance in voting for Hillar-"ious" or "Mutt". Not as Dems, nor Rrrrrr's, I couldn't get it out. We deserve better. Living in Mi. is depressing enough, when our parties forget Michigan is in dire straits, use talking points, it makes me think of "no state left behind". If the parties keep this up, it will be no state behind left. Shame on the Democratic Party! Shame on the Michigan Democratic Party! Shame on the system that lets the media leave the voter behind. I proudly support Dennis Kucinich, because I am not going to settle ever again. I urge all voters, no matter where you lean, don't settle! You find nothing in the middle of the road except dead animals,and yellow lines. Keep it lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger